500 Dollar Minute Contest Rules and Regulations
How to Enter
1. The contest begins on Monday February 29th, 2016, and will continue until Friday, March 25th, 2016 - CONTEST CLOSING DATE. Contest closing date/time may change without notice. Monday to Friday Cool 100 will announce that the tenth caller (the “Contestant”) through on the Cool 100 contest line following the Announcement will be eligible to play the contest for a chance to win money in the Cool 100 $500 Minute Contest. The object of this contest is answer a list of questions within 60 seconds in order to win cash.
2. There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Simply be the tenth caller through on the contest line to be eligible to play the on-air contest. Studio phone number (613) 771-0100
3 Each participant or person attempting to play the contest understands and agrees to participate “live” on air.
4. Each participant agrees to have their on air contest play replayed on air throughout the day.
5. The maximum potential available cash prize per play is $500. The prize will be awarded in the form of a cheque.
6. Only one winner or qualifier per household per 30 days. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Starboard Communications assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. Starboard Communications is not responsible for replacing tickets in the event of show cancellations as a result of weather, promoter or performer. Starboard Communications has the right to reclaim the prize and hand over to a new contestant if the original prizewinner is unable to accept.
7. The contestant is required to answer 10 questions, correctly, within 60 seconds to win. The Cool 100 host will be the one asking the questions. The participant MUST wait until the host has read the question to provide their answer. If an answer is given before the question is read the host will require you to state your answer, again, once they have completed the process of answering the question. NO second guesses or change of answers will be accepted
8. At any point an incorrect answer is given that play will end.
9. The same list of 10 questions will be used until a participant has correctly answered all 10. In the event that not all 10 questions are asked all who were listening will have the correct answers until that point in the game.
10. 3 set plays will be executed each weekday (except Holidays).
11. Once the list of 10 questions have been answered correctly a new set, of questions, will be created for the next play
12. Cool 100 is not responsible for disconnected, misdirected, lost or dropped calls. If at any point during your phone call your connection to Cool 100 is lost the play will be considered over, the Contestant will not be able to call back to continue to play and will automatically result in a “loss”.
Please Note: The Cool 100 streamed broadcast, at www.cool100.ca, is subject to approximately a 30 second delay. The “Contestant” relies on the online broadcast at their own risk. In case of discrepancy the Cool 100 on-air time will be deemed official.
How to claim prize
13. Prior to accepting the prize, all winners must present themselves in person at Cool 100 STUDIOS at 497 Dundas St. West, Belleville Ontario, during our business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 p.m.) Monday to Friday (excluding Holidays) and show valid identification and must sign a declaration and release that includes correctly answering the mathematical skill-testing question, in the form requested by Starboard Communications confirming compliance with the contest rules and releasing Starboard Communications and its employees from all liability arising in connection with the contest and the prize.
Who Can Enter
14. This contest is open to all residents of Ontario in the Cool 100 listening area who are 18 years of age and over, except employees, representatives and agents of Starboard Communications Ltd. (Cool 100 - CHCQ) and the advertising agents involved in this particular contest.
15. By participating in this contest, contestants and winners agree to be bound by these rules. If there is any disagreement as to whether a person is a contestant or a winner or as to the amount of money won by a winner or as to the adequacy of the prize, the decision of Starboard Communications – Cool 100 shall be final.
16. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. These contest rules are subject to change without notice, if necessary to comply with any applicable law or policy of the CRTC or other entity having jurisdiction over Starboard Communications – Cool 100. All contestants, including winners, by entering this contest, consent to the use, including the reproduction, broadcast and publication, of their name and/or photograph, likeness, voice, statements or the fact that he/she is a winner in this contest and all matters incidental thereto without compensation, in any publicity carried out by Cool 100 in connection with this contest.
17. These are the official rules of the contest. Copies are available free of charge at Cool 100, 497 Dundas St. West, Belleville Ontario, K8P 1B6 during normal business hours Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 p.m. (excluding Holidays)